The Canadian Consortium for Ocean Drilling (CCOD) is a consortium composed of Canadian universities and government agencies formed to facilitate Canada's participation in IODP.
The CCOD has the following objectives:
- Advocate and encourage Canadian participation in IODP and ECORD
- Develop proposals and applications for IODP funding
- Help the community to develop proposals and applications for IODP expeditions
- Represent the Canadian community on IODP and ECORD committees and panels
- Provide advice and guidance to the IODP-Canada Secretariat concerning the management of Canada's participation in IODP
- Disseminate IODP and ECORD information to the Canadian community and public
- Organize Canadian outreach and training activities, such as summer schools, lecture tours, and workshops
The CCOD directly supports the operational costs associated with IODP participation and planning for long-term, stable funding for Canadian IODP membership through an annual membership fee. Membership in the CCOD is open to all Canadian universities, government agencies and industry groups with a commitment to Canada's participation in the IODP.
Members of the Canadian Consortium for Ocean Drilling (with names of representatives):
- Brock University >> Martin Head: email@example.com ( )
- Dalhousie University >> Markus Kienast: firstname.lastname@example.org ( )
- McGill University >> Eric Galbraith: email@example.com ( )
- Memorial University of Newfoundland >> Duncan McIlroy: firstname.lastname@example.org ( )
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) >> David Mosher: Dr.David.Mosher@NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca ( )
- Université de Québec à Montréal >> Anne de Vernal: email@example.com ( )
- Université de Québec à Rimouski >> Guillaume St-Onge: guillaume_st-onge@UQAR.QC.CA ( )
- Université Laval >> Réjean Hébert: Rejean.Hebert@ggl.ulaval.ca ( )
- University of Alberta >> Doug Schmitt: firstname.lastname@example.org ( )
- University of British Columbia >> Dominique Weis: email@example.com ( )
- University of Ottawa >> Mark Hannington: Mark.Hannington@uottawa.ca ( )
- University of Toronto >> Uli Wortmann: firstname.lastname@example.org ( )
- University of Victoria >> Kathy Gillis: email@example.com ( )
- University of Western Ontario >> Neil Banerjee: firstname.lastname@example.org ( )
CCOD Executive Committee
The CCOD created an executive committee to facilitate decision making and organization of IODP related events between CCOD annual meetings.
- Anne de Vernal, Université de Québec à Montréal: email@example.com
- Dominique Weis, University of British Columbia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathy Gillis, University of Victoria: email@example.com
- Uli Wortmann, University of Toronto: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Markus Kienast, Dalhousie University: email@example.com
Please visit our People page for more information about members of the CCOD.