Expedition 346: Call for Scientists
August 20 - September 28, 2013
Application Deadline: August 1, 2012
- Address the timing of the onset of orbital and millennial scale variability of the East Asian Monsoon
- Reconstruct orbital and millennial-scale paleoceanographic changes in the Japan Sea during at least the last 5 m.y.
- Reconstruct the ventilation history of the Japan Sea, and its relation with the nature of the influx through the Tsushima Strait and/or the intensity of winter cooling
- Monitor the history of the Yangtze River discharge in the northern end of the East China Sea as it reflects variation and evolution in East Asian summer monsoon
Application Process: Scientists interested in participating please consult the
Required documents (PDF only) are:
- Letter of interest including your specific expertise, previous involvement in DSDP/ODP/IODP expeditions, research interest
- Publication list
Young researchers must additionally provide a letter of support from their host institution including information on the post-cruise science support: How to achieve the proposed scientific objectives in the future (funding scheme and support from host institution).
We request that all candidates send a copy of their application to the IODP-Canada office (). If you wish to receive feedback or assistance, please send your documents at least one week prior to the deadline.